Saturday, January 8, 2011

Let's make this an Awesome Year shall we?

This is just a quick post to let you know that...I am back! Well, I was still floating somewhere out there, but expect more regular posts from me from now on hehe. The past week, I've been working on several illustrations that I need to get out of the way before I start with bigger projects. Unfortunately I can't show you these yet. Except this one!

Up up in the Sky, I Fly.

Also, I'm working through my to do list (which is HUGE) and finding a balance in creating art work, while making sure that everything else around me doesn't get neglected. This is pretty difficult. Once I start drawing I tend to spend hours just doing that. Not the best thing of course, because I do not want to turn into a couch potato...although I'm not watching TV. You know what I mean right? But more on this in another post.


This is a commission I did for a blog friend, ms. Dana Ward last year. She did such a lovely post about me after she received her illustration ^_^. If you're interested, you can find it by clicking mr. Magic Word. If you do, do browse around her lovely site, Saturday Mornings as well. Thanks so much Dana! Xoxo!

Sooo, what can you expect from me the upcoming months?

1. Doodle Give Aways: I will try to have these more frequently So stay tuned for the next one.

2. Adventures from me chasing my dream of becoming an illustrator: I thought it would be fun/interesting to share my thoughts/ stories of things that are fun, difficult, things I need to pay attention to. Going into a whole other direction and setting up as a - one man's - business isn't easy, but if you really want it, you'll face everything that comes on your path right. I should say one lady's business!

3. A Look in the Past: Little stories from my past, possibly also old drawings.
4. More Illustration work in progress posts!
5. ehmm...and more awesome things haha.

This is just to give you an idea of what's ahead of you. The whole purpose of rambling would be gone if I told you exactly what you could expect on my blog hehe. All I know is that 2011 is going to be a year filled with creative adventures! Are you ready to tag along?

Till next post lovely readers.
Ciao!

13 comments:

  1. Love the lady on the swing, especially her hair colour, looks lovely.

    Super looking forward to the awesome year and the stuff you create :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. TJ, please go to my blog and read my post, for today, 8 Jan 2011 and pass it on to your followers. I want the world to know what happened today in Tucson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great drawing TJ! Drawing, doodling and illustrating (especially) do take hours! I have a hard time fitting in the drawing to tell you the truth. Good luck with your freelance business this year. On Monday my post is on marketing oneself on the web. Check it out if you have a chance. My career finally seems to be taking off after this recession and I hope yours does too!

    Love,
    Heather
    http://heathersdesignblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hihi couch potatoe! I'm sure you won't turn into one:P! Great post TJ & I'm sure 2011 will be a year full of great adventures for you :D!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, if you're going to be "serious" about your art, spending hours drawing's not a BAD thing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Tj! I was little bit ill last week so i cannot say that i started 2011 as i dreamed of. I wish you and your family a great new year. See you around.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love them both - of course!! ;) Your blog always makes me smile.

    You'll have to check out the post I just did today - another friend of mine did a 'doodle' of me. I think it's safe to say yours makes me MUCH happier! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Time flies doesn't it? Another year is here! Glad you're back to regular posting! I hope to be the same as well. Congrats on all the commission work you're getting and being featured! :D Keep up the great work as always and looking forward to more of your creative cute compositions! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Claire: Wooohoo! Thank you! And I’m looking forward to all the awesome stuff you’re going to create :D

    @ Judie: Hope you’re feeling a bit better ms. Judie! Xoxox!

    @ Heather: Thanks so much Heather! I read & commented on your great post! Wish you all the best! Xoxo!

    @ Barry: Thanks so much Barry!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Kiki: Oh I should say Cilla hehe. Thank you hehe. You know you’re going to tag along right hehehe.

    @ Lana G.: You said it perfectly! It’s not a bad thing indeed haha. Hope you’re well!

    @ Kuday: Heeey Sinan! How nice to see you here again! Hope you’re feeling better now! I wish you & family all the best in 2011 as well! Talk to ya later!

    @ Tricia: Ciaoo Tricia! That post was too funny! I’m really happy that my blog makes you smile ^_^! Thanks so much!

    @ Oburr: Hey Ollie! Thank you! Yeah time has wings indeed. I can’t wait to show you all what I’m working on, but I will do it bit by bit haha! See ya!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi TJ, good to see you rambling again! What do you mean 'becoming an illustrator'? You are.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ Arjan: Aww thanks so much! You're awesome :D! Yeah I shall remember it! You know, sometimes it's pretty surreal when I think that I'm doing something that I want to do...but I love it :D. Talk to you later!

    ReplyDelete

Yay! Thanks so much for leaving a message. I always reply, so do check back okay? Ciao!