Thursday, September 27, 2012

TJ's Commissions: Be a Disney Princess.

Ah! Today will be a peek at a personalized header commission I completely a while back.

Pearliology is a Beauty Guru on Youtube and I got to know her via my sister Cilla. She is a huge Disney fan and she wanted to have herself captured as one for her header. Of course, I said "Yes"

So obviously I went a bit in stalker mode and checked out her blog. A header space isn't that big, so I had to keep in mind what I wanted to paint as I didn't want lots of details to go missing. However, it was clear from the start that there had to be one big princess Sarah, as all Disney princesses have their moment of prettiness on a poster. Then after a bit of research I decided to add 3 little princesses. 1) She loves to snap pictures as much as she can (and her blog is filled with lovely peeks in her life), so because of this I chose to have one mini Sarah holding a camera. 2) She loves slushies! 3) Disney princesses always seem to have cute birdies around them (and then they burst out into singing...)



I don't have a whole lot of pictures this time as the design was pretty straight forward and the sketch was right in one go. I wanted to add frames around the 3 little princesses, but decided to leave them out in the final sketch as it would take up too much space. Also on the original I hand-painted "Pearliology"

She absolutely loved it and hearing this just makes my day! It's always a challenge to create something that the client will love, but so far the response I get is way beyond amazing.

Little updates:
1. YAY! The SOS Sahel painting is sold during the auction! The lovely Betty Dravis is the proud owner of the Goddess of Nature and the painting is on her way as I type this post! She is a writer AND a celebrity interviewer (she interviewed Clint Eastwood back in the days. How COOL is that?!) and if you're interested to see her work, please go to her site, Betty's Dreams.

2. All the giveaway prizes are on their way to their new owners! AND there will be a new one up in a week or two.

3. I'll be doing some major redesigning of a lot of things soon, but I will update you accordingly when the time is right.

Thanks for reading lovely readers! Till  next time.

12 comments:

  1. wow you did a good job on that! I love the header! The header looks like your sister! Yup! Fun! :D
    Goed gedaan hoor! Heel cool!
    Heb ik al gezegd dat ik de header mooi vind?
    Nee? Echt niet? Oh... ik vind de header echt heel cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha thank YOU!! Ahh so funny, my mom said the exact same thing! Sarah and Cilla do look a like a bit as well!

      DANK JE WEL!! Ben super blij dat je de header mooi vindt haha. Oh! Ik switch binnenkort naar een WP site! Dat is update nummer 3 maar ik wilde niet teveel ramblen in deze post hehe.

      Delete
  2. Oh echt!! Wat goed! Jippie! Dat is super goed nieuws! Wheehoo! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes!! Blogger is te gelimiteerd voor mij nu man! Moet uitbreiden...hehe :D

      Delete
  3. This is so cute! I love their dresses :3.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much D.! It's been a while since I dropped by your blog. So sorry, my life is very hectic at the moment! Xx

      Delete
  4. You must have LOVED doing this! Your two favorite loves combined :D

    It must be an extreme sense of satisfaction when your client is excited over the finished product! As someone who WAS one of your clients, it was pretty exciting on my end too.

    So happy your painting sold at the auction. It was incredible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I did love doing this one and yours was sooooo much fun to do as well!

      To hear that people love the end result...it's difficult to describe what this does to me. Very often it's surreal as to me it's just "drawing", for someone else is more like "characters coming to live through lines and colors"...it's very, very cool.

      Thank you SO much for strolling by!!

      Delete
  5. Hey TJ, I've noticed the "Commission TJ" page on the blog doesn't exist anymore O.O Is it my internet connection, or you stopped doing them, or you're just editing the blog or something? xD I was thinking of commissioning you around Christmas time :D
    xoxo
    Giulia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have a look now!! I did change some stuff, so maybe I did something wrong? I'm very curious now haha. You got my e-mail!! Xoxox!

      Delete
  6. That commission was perfect for you -- how awesome! And it's beautiful, as well. Also glad to hear Goddess of Nature sold. What a great painting for a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janene! Thank you so much. It was indeed a very cool commission and so happy you like it as well! The Goddess of Nature...so pleased it's traveling to her new owner now!

      Delete

Yay! Thanks so much for leaving a message. I always reply, so do check back okay? Ciao!