Tuesday, July 12, 2011

TJ's Projects: Get in touch with your alter ego!

Hey everyone!

How are you doing? Enjoying the weather so far?

Today I shall tell you about a project that I've done a while ago. Whenever it's possible I shall tell you bits and pieces of the things that I'm doing. Sometimes I can only tell you more when the project is finished as things need to be kept a secret ;). For this project I collaborated with Blogcatalog and created a bunch of avatars for you to choose from when you create an account. I personally like it when you have different types of avatars to choose from, especially since I often wander around my imaginative world and pretend to be a superhero hehe. So if I can switch things up when I want, I am happy.

Here are the currently available avatars:


Let me just tell you, I could have created a whole lot more! You can easily choose a personality that suits you. I added some snapshots for you to see, plus a few avatars in a bigger size. I hope you like them as much as I do.

 

I figured circling them with red circles or squares worked better...hehe. It is funny to see them pop up on the forum! Sorry for the blurriness of the screen shots though. Here are a few of them in a larger size! I hope you clicked to enlarge the images.


Ooh so curious what you think of them as well! It was a fun opportunity. So a huge - Thank You - to Blogcatalog! Also it is possible to commission me if you want to have yourself turned into an avatar! You can email at tjlubrano@live.com. You can also use this email if you want to commission me for other illustrations or want to know the prices. I will add an estimate of prices on my blog soon, so you have an idea what I charge. However, it's always fun to receive email from you guys ;).

And lastly, I have my first Facebook Giveaway! I passed the 100 likes. Thanks to everyone who joined! If you want to join, you have to leave a comment on the note on my page. If you comment here, it doesn’t count ;).

Till next time everyone & Remember to Smile!

Ciao!

26 comments:

  1. I knew the BC avatars are your masterpieces. I can add my own avatar you had drown for me before. But i would prefer a crazy scientist avatar if it would be available.

    Good job TJ.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little robot one is so cute!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, look at the little cowboy! :)

    By the way, your paintings will be on display at our wedding reception with the card box. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cool. Congrats. I can't believe I somehow missed your FB page. I will have to go look and get connected with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Sinan: Ciao Sinan! How are you? Haha. Your avatar needs an upgrade I think ;). Ooh who knows! Maybe there will be a mad scientist one day! There are a few others that need to be added first. Thanks so much mister! Take care!!

    @ Nate: Haha! They are pretty cool huh? :D Thank You!

    @ Encaracolada: Gracias!! Big hugs back! Xx

    @ Tricia: Aaaah I am soo excited! That is such fun news! I will be there in doodle spirit :D XO

    @ Jennifer: Thanks so much, Jennifer ^_^!! Ooh don't worry about it! I saw you floating around there now! Do you have a page? Ciao.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such cute avatars, TJ! I hope you do well with them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic! So much better than the other avatars out there.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely brilliant TJ - loving them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! They look so good! It makes all other avatars look rubbish! Just love the fact that you are mixing physical art mix happily with the digital, so you get the best of both worlds!

    I think that if you are not using a decent photographic headshot as an avatar, then a cartoon one, that really reflects your personality is definitely the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmmm, what do I think? I think it makes me actually want to log in to my blog catalog account so I can pick a pretty avatar! I don't remember if I ever logged in there after my first one or two times because I was getting better traffic results elsewhere. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! Thanks so much everyone!!

    @ Claire: I completely agree! Some people really don't want to show their true face, so a cool avatar works perfect :)The digital world is still pretty unknown, but the little things really help to enhance an image :D

    @ Rachel: Now that's awesome to hear :D! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done! They all look great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @J.L.: Ciaooo & thanks so much :D I'm pleased with them as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. SO AWESOME! I love this blog! Iam glad i found you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. TJ, sometimes your talent just overwhelms me. I know you know how much I love your work but, dang it, I've got to say it again. You are mahhhvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tahira my dear!! I love your art, your blog, your style, and I can't tell you enough ;) this is why I award you with the "Sunshine Award 2011"
    http://tinyurl.com/4yjmuz7



    The rules:
    - Thank the person who gave you this award.
    - Write a post about it.
    - Answer to the questions below.
    - Pass it on to 10 bloggers who you think really deserve it and send them a message to let them know.

    The questions:
    01. Your favorite color?
    02. Your favorite animal?
    03. Your favorite number?
    04. Your favorite non-alcoholic drink?
    05. You join facebook or twitter?
    06. What’s your passion?
    07. What´s your favorite: getting or giving presents?
    08. Your favorite pattern?
    09. Your favorite day of the week?
    10. Your favorite flower?

    Hugs and xoxoxoxo,
    Susanna

    ReplyDelete
  17. hi Pretty TJ, i looooove the idea of creating avatars for people :D

    stay FUN, You!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. @ Magikbroom71: Hello Tara! Thanks so much! It’s lovely to have you included in my creative world!

    @ Janene: Ciaoo Sweet Janene! I already said a big thank you on FB, but let me say it again THANK YOU!!! Xoxo!!

    @ TYT: Awww Susanna!! You’re so sweet! Thanks so much! I will do a post with all the awards I’ve gotten and answer the questions :D. Big Hugs to you!!! Xoxoxo

    @ Indira: Ciaooooo pretty Mita!! So lovely to hear from you!!! Thank You! It’s a lovely idea indeed! Hope you’re well! I’ll stroll to your blog as soon as I can! Xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What fun illustrations! Right now, I have my photo as my avatar, but it's fun thinking which one I would choose! Let's see...maybe the one with her nose in a book! Or the baker...or the one with two kittens (which I have right now)...so many cute choices!

    Blessings,
    Dianne

    www.mysouthernheart.com
    www.campbellkidsfarm.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ciao Dianne! So nice to see you here! Hahah so many choices indeed. I'm very bad with making a choice so I know what you're going through haha. Thanks so much for you lovely words! Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lol, the pictures are all so cute! And congrats on passing 100 likes! Wheee!!

    p.s: LIES!! You could probably wear a potato sack and look good in it, with or without make up! I'm jealous!

    Red lips on you?!? *gasp* I wanna see a pic of that! It would look super sexy on you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. @ Hevn: Ciaoooo Bella! Thanks so much :D

    Hahaha! You're too funny! Believe me, I scare the *toot* out of myself sometimes. Ohhh not sure it's super sexy though haha! But I shall show you a picture soon ^_^. Not sure if I will upload it in FB though :| Do take care and talk to you soon!! Xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh! It really IS your work! When I saw your paintings the first thing I thought was that they look so much like the ones on BC.. congratulations on the collab :) The illustrations are so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  24. @Chwennyland: Hellooo and thanks so much :D It's so cool that people recognize my style! Lovely that you stopped by! *waves*

    ReplyDelete

Yay! Thanks so much for leaving a message. I always reply, so do check back okay? Ciao!