Sunday, April 1, 2012

Tales From an Illustrator: Expats Post

Hello Hello Everyone!

It's update time! Well part of it haha. Okay, most of you know about my column on the site Expats Post right? I shall tell a bit more about it.


Expats Post, is an online newspaper brought to life to provide the World with quality articles about lots of topics. It's a place where most of my favorite writers publish their articles. Plus, I'll publish my own column there as well. Do have a look and read please, because they are all fabulous. Yes, Fabulous. Okay, I must stop imagining them in fancy outfits...

Also, if you love to write and looking for a place to publish your work, have a look on there and sign up. It's that simple. However lovely people, this is not all. There is a site specifically for Poetry and...Art. Ah so excited here!


You know what I also did? I drew the logo for the site! Together with the feedback from the group...it turned out really cool (if I do say so myself ^_^) and I have it on a shirt as well!! I totally feel like a superhero when I wear it (not kidding here). It is a very different style for me and got a some digital lessons from the Wizard MZ (thank you for patiently answering my questions, MZ!).

Expats Art, is brought to life to showcase and promote artists of all kinds. It's all about giving visitors peeks at hidden gems in the world and making sure artists get more visitors to their own official sites. You can read more here in a post I wrote: Hello World. Slowly artists are being added while the site is being changed and altered here and there. It's going to be a big creative community!

If you're an illustrator, photographer, artist or know someone who would be interested in joining Expats Art, do let me know. The site is invite-only for now, so do contact me at tjlubrano@gmail.com please.

For staying up to date through social media, you can find us on Facebook: Expats Art on Facebook and Twitter, @ExpatsPost. Make sure you have something nice to read with your morning/afternoon/evening coffee and a wander around the sites and discover cool Writing and Art. You won't be disappointed.

Oh! You can see more of my own Portfolio on there by clicking here: The Magic Cupcake.

Write You Later.

Ciao!

20 comments:

  1. What a great post. So happy to be a part of this group and you and your art (and ramblings) make Expats Post a great site. It's wonderful to have a place for artists of all kind to be able to come together, support each other and share their passions. Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grazie Mille, Katy!! I'm so happy as well! Expats is going to be awesome with our combined minds & skills! We shall rule the world!! Hehe :D

      Delete
  2. This is an excellent post! Thanks for sharing this, I'll have to go have a look at this Expats Post website sometime :3.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! Yes!! Do have a look when you have the chance :D *waves*

      Delete
  3. This....is....EXPATS!! (Sorry, that's my "300" reference for the day!)

    I'm so happy to work alongside you on the site. I can't remember what my life was like before I had a little TJ Lubrano in it.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EXPATS!!! It's okay, you can do your "300" reference whenever you want haha.

      You are SO sweet, Jen! To be honest, I can't imagine my life without a little Tonic in it ^_^ <3

      Delete
  4. Awesome!!!! This is Fabulous!!! I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow that sounds great, Pretty TJ :)))
    well, i wish you good luck and happy creating!!!!

    HUGSSS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hellooo Pretty Mita!! Aww thank you so much! It's really cool! You know, you can join too if you want. Your work is just wonderful you know!

      Happy Creating to you toooo!!
      Lots of XOXOXOX to you!

      Delete
  6. That is so great, congratulations on the beautiful logo TJ!! You're very talented :)

    I'm visiting from 20SB where I noticed you're a new member. Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Naomi! So lovely to see you here :D Thank you so much for your kind words!!

      Ah yes, I need to browse a bit more on the 20SB site!! But need to finish some work first haha. Thank you for the welcome!! ^_^ *waves*

      Delete
  7. MY GOSH, your art is absolutely stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU so much :D What a lovely comment to start my day!! Xx

      Delete
    2. you really are talented!! (i was just looking at migwi the monkey) and i really wish i could draw like you!!! JEALOUS ALL OVER NOW D:

      ps: thanks for paying a visit to my site.

      Delete
    3. Oh goodness. Thank you!! The way I draw now is the result of many hours or practice, plus I just can't stop drawing haha. So happy you like it!!

      Delete
  8. Hey!!!! Its great to finally read your blog after SUCH A LONG TIME!! How are you??? I love the logo!!! It looks great. You're so incredibly talented TJ.
    Love
    V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. V! Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeey! It has been SUCH A LONG TIME indeed!! I'm doing fine here. How are you doing??? Thank you so much about the logo, it was a challenge, but I love it as well!

      So lovely to see you again here :D Xoxoxo <3

      Delete
  9. You're such a wonderful part of Expats. How I love to look at your art, as well as read your words. And, silly me, I didn't know about Expats Art. I'm off to check it out!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Helloo Janene!! Thank you so, so much :D Expats is such a lovely site. Hope you liked what you see so far on Expats Art!! *waves*

      Delete

Yay! Thanks so much for leaving a message. I always reply, so do check back okay? Ciao!